Nick Loper of Side Hustle Nation sends his quarterly reports to his subscribers. Very instructive. Always new content and ideas to consider.
A few items of note from his most recent:
1. “The bigger story is that the site got whacked by the May 4th Google algorithm update, which trimmed off 20-30% of the search traffic overnight. Ouch!”
2. “The tallest spikes on the [traffic growth] chart this time all coincide with my weekly newsletters…”
3. “Best performing [email] subject line this quarter: “Retired at 37” – 28.5% open rate.
4. “In 2020, I feel like the value of a freebie “ebook” is greatly diminished. “Oooh a PDF!” –said no one ever…
Plus, 65% of my traffic is mobile. It doesn’t make sense to have people pinching and zooming a PDF in order to consume the content.
So what I’m testing instead is creating a private, mobile-friendly page here on the site. I don’t have the best metrics, but it seems to be getting more engagement so far.”
5. “In an effort to start creating more / better video content, I actually moved my workstation out of the closet and into a corner of master bedroom. The light is much better!
That said, I believe there’s an 80/20 —definition— to video production. I don’t plan to compete with the super well-produced cinematic videos…”
Again, here is the link to Nick’s report. I think you’ll find it informative.
In the meantime, stay…