Today, I’ll look at the excerpt Actions, Not Words, Reveal Our True Values.
Four main points that speak to side hustlers…
as well as me.
1. Derek’s coach to Derek: “You actually prefer the simple life you have now, focused on learning, writing, and playing with your kid.”
2. “I had been fooling myself for years, telling myself I wanted to do this, but my actions proved otherwise. Yes, I wanted it a little bit, but I wanted something else more.”
3. No matter what you tell the world or tell yourself, your actions reveal your real values.Your actions show you what you actually want.
4. There are two smart reactions to this:
- Stop lying to yourself, and admit your real priorities.
- Start doing what you say you want to do, and see if it’s really true.
I guess the advice to all of us is: Before you follow that next shiny object, take the time to look inward a bit.