The year was 2011.
Side Hustle Nation’s Nick Loper had an idea: Add to his existing expertise in the virtual assistant space and build some affiliate income.
And so virtualassistantassistant.com was born.
Year 1: $1000 in earnings. That was enough to convince him this was a viable idea.
His post/outline of his story offers plenty of value, but running the full 46 minute podcast is well worth your time.
Just a few takeaways…
- What worked well–early on–was ‘trying to crowdsource a critical mass of honest user reviews’.
- “One thing that did work on the SEO front was not a lot of people were creating dedicated content about hiring on these different platforms.”
- Close to 90% of his traffic was organic.
Pete McPherson from Do You Even Blog plays guest-host and steers Nick’s review of the 9 1/2 year process.
Pete’s own takeaways from the interview:
- Patience. You’re in it for the long haul.
- Scratch your own ‘niche’.
- Diversify your income streams.
**As always with Nick’s podcasts, if you’re short on time, I suggest using his convenient table of contents to guide your listening.