Thought I would follow up on yesterday’s post…
No matter that this was published in 2017, these tips from Smart Passive Income are still valuable.
NOTE: I found some contradiction between those who advise diving in with passion and building vs. validating first.
Maybe the solution is: Put some of that passion into your ‘pre-building’ promotion. [sales pages, lead pages, social media posts].
You might even repurpose some of that same content. Hey, just a thought.
Here are a few favorites…
1. Whatever topic you have in mind right now, make it 5 times smaller. The biggest mistake is to think you have to cover everything in one step. – Kerstin, Fluent Language School
2. Find one person and walk them through your exact process of the course you’re considering creating. – Jeff Rose, The Online Advisor Growth Formula
3. Stop reading about it. Taking action is the best teacher! …The more I studied, the more overwhelmed I became. I finally stopped worrying about it… – David Wallimann, Guitar Playback
4. The number one tip I would give to course creators is start building your list immediately.
– Fleur Ottaway, Venture Digital: Get Results from Your Facebook Ads
5. Do not prepare an online course for selling. Create an online course for what you love to do and then sell it. You will earn a lot if you tell a topic that you love to do. – Resit, Master of Project Academy
Many thanks to Pat Flynn and SPI for mining a wealth of advice and expertise.