My name is Tim Haag.
I’m a long-time teacher and writer. I live in Oregon with my wife and canine taskmaster, Buddy.
Since the concept of ‘reinvention’ hit my radar screen a few years back, I’ve been interested in the side hustle movement. Valuable books I found during that time: James Altucher’s Reinvent Yourself and Choose Yourself.
Other valuable books included:
- The $100 Startup (Chris Guillebeau)
- Show Your Work (Austin Kleon)
- Keep Going (Austin Kleon)
- Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days (Chris Guillebeau)
- This is not a ‘do as I do’ blog as much as a ‘do as I share’ blog.
- My roles are ‘research guy’ and ‘supporter’, not ‘expert’.
- As I cruise/saunter through/scour (depending on how much coffee I’ve had), I’m boosting my own learning.
- I’ll serve you best by passing along good stuff and, at times, taking deeper dives into the content of others, especially side hustle ‘leaders’…and those who have followed that lead.
- Then again…finding those who haven’t followed that lead will also be fun.
- I like the idea that I’m helping somebody with resources and others’ expertise. That’s how I measure this blog’s success.
- Bravo to folks moving forward, taking measured chances, following Chris G’s credo of ‘inspiration is good, but inspiration with action is better.”
- Sometimes, reminders [of tools, resources, strategies] are just as valuable as new content.