goals for side hustlers
Side Hustle Spark 306: Wisdom from @ApprovedSide
I should show up at my Twitter feed more often than I do.
Otherwise, I miss gems like this from @ApprovedSide.
Make ONE important change today:
Stop waiting for things to happen to you, start making things happen BECAUSE of you.
Side Hustle Spark 287: Listen to your passionate employees
From Fast Company’s vast collection of informative and relevant videos comes:
Listening to your passionate employees can make all the difference (6 minutes) featuring Dawn Ostroff, chief content officer for Spotify and Jack Davis, cofounder of Crypt TV. (2018)
Also from that collection is this ‘Hit the Ground Running’ podcast episode featuring Jasmine Lawrence, founder of natural hair and body care line Eden BodyWorks. (July 27, 2021)
Could your side hustle become a second career? (35 minutes) Jasmine’s main message: Side hustlers should view themselves as followers of two career paths.
Here’s hoping you pick up a tip or mental shift that moves you forward.
Reminder: Check out the Side Hustler Resources List
Click the image above for a list of 45 links to various resources that can help you with your side hustles.
Side Hustle Spark 269: Advice and Inspiration, via Twitter
From the Department of Short and Sweet, But Valuable Just the Same:
I’ve already pointed you to:–Hustle & Conquer
And I think the same creator tweets content through Side Hustle Journey–multiple Twitter accounts…something you might consider.
I also like…
The Growth Hub
The Smart Money
You just never know when or where you might hit upon a strategy or digital tool or kick-in-the-rear that launches you forward.
Good luck, side hustlers.
Side Hustle Spark 240: A video-cruise of Pinterest for winning ideas
Click the image above for a 90-seconds of idea-shopping in Pinterest…
Why watch the video?
- Snappy words/phrases that speak to you or your customers
- Product/service ideas you hadn’t considered
- New customers
- New websites/resources you hadn’t considered
- Pinterest pin design strategies
- A reminder to use Pinterest for the occasional brainstorming exercise
and some of the listings may actually affirm a strategy or product line you’ve already followed/created.
Nothing wrong with a little reassurance, right?
So pause this masterpiece where needed.
I hope this steers you to something new, profitable, or reassuring.
For a subject-by-subject look at sidehustlecurator,
check out my Posts Organized by Topic page.
Forge ahead, side hustlers!
Side Hustle Spark 235: Side hustle apps, best Fiverr gigs added to Lists page
We’re up to 45 lists of side hustle/DIY entrepreneur resources/sites/ideas.
Here are the three latest found on the Lists Page.
Side Hustle Spark 230: “Organize your stuff!”–Your big idea, be remarkable, don’t stall, unleash ideas (Seth Godin)
My content organization effort continues…
The list below tells me this: I’m really short-hitting you on Seth Godin content. Will have to remedy that.
Here is the ‘Let’s get organized! page in progress.
Topic: Seth Godin Resources
Side Hustle Spark 222: Seth Godin on ‘your big idea’.
In January of this year, Seth Godin posted Your big idea.
Keep these ‘three big if’s’ in mind as you move forward. But not before you read the rest of his post.
Forge ahead, side hustlers.
Side Hustle Spark 191: CNBC’s Ultimate Side Hustle Guide
If you’re just starting a side hustle and want guidance on the macro issues (tax planning, financial planning/budgeting, timing of launch), CNBC’s Ultimate Guide for 2021 should be a good starting point.
Included in the post are these three videos:
- Key questions you need to answer before starting a side hustle
- This side hustle is so lucrative it can build your wealth by six figures
- Five ways to keep your side hustle from taking over your life.
Valuable reminders from this post:
- “Not to mention a side business can be the best way to get a taste of a future career you might want to ramp up later.”
- “What are you the go-to person for at work? In your personal life?”
- “Once you find an option you like — whether it’s freelance blogging, selling hand-knit hats or helping people declutter their garage — do a trial run.”
- “…listen to podcasts focused on starting a business in a particular niche (you can find them through ListenNotes)”
- “,,,stash 20–35% of all your side hustle money for taxes. That way, you’ll have enough money to pay for the income taxes and the self-employment taxes…”
- “One common mistake for first-time business owners accustomed to having taxes taken out of each paycheck is to forget to pay quarterly taxes and find themselves in a world of pain when they find they owe taxes in April.”
- “Three ways your side gig could mess up your taxes.”
Your tax bill could rise by the hundreds or thousands.
If you don’t keep those receipts, you could be in a world of hurt if the IRS decides they need more documentation.
If you make enough, you might well have to pay estimated taxes.
Here’s hoping you pick up a few tips or ‘oh, yeahhhh’ moments from this post.
Forge ahead, folks.