Following up on Side Hustle Spark 109, here are a few links to Jon Corres’ work…
5 SUPER EASY Side Hustles for Teenagers Online 2019!! (Hey, if you have some kids who need to fill their time…and line their [or your!] pocketbooks!)
My thinking: Even if a video has only a few views, the value is in the ideas that resonate with you and your skills and knowledge/expertise.
Nick Loper of Side Hustle Nation is back with another valuable interview.
In the interview, Jon Corres explains his ‘follow-the-YouTube algorithm/ad-monetized’ video approach.
Production cost: Approximately $100 per video.
Once established, one of his channels will make an average of $300-$400 per day.
To quote from Nick’s weekly email (Oct. 8):
As we got to talking, I realized this strategy is pretty similar to blogging and SEO.
You see what’s already performing well, and try and make something a little better.
The real wildcard when it comes to video over text, though, is the YouTube algorithm, which can push something to millions of views seemingly overnight.
(As the word cloud above tells us, one of Jon’s videos this year has 8 million views and earned $18k in 9 months. Topic: JoJo Siwa)
A few suggestions from Jon:
- Look for videos where there are more viewers than subscribers. [Baseline is 300,000 views.]
2. Keyword placement ‘shoulds’:
- In the title of the video
- Within the first line of the description for the video
- In the tags
3. When making Top Ten videos, make list items #10, #9, and #8 (i.e. the first items viewers see) captivating enough to keep viewers’ attention—–then heighten the interest level of items #2 and #1 so viewers aren’t disappointed.
This is Nick’s 10th ’20 Questions’ podcast where he covers a wide range of topics.
Make sure you scroll down to his list of audio track locations for the episode’s key points [see example]. Very helpful for those with limited listening time.