Moving on to the third section from ryrob’s 40 Blogging Tips and Advice From Top Bloggers in 2020— Monetizing Your Blog.
Points to consider:
- Treat your blog like a real business.
- Work backwards–pinpoint profit opps, then create targeted content.
- Your blog should be a jumping off point for your services/products.
- You and your team should play the ‘long game’.
- Ideal customer, ideal customer, ideal customer.
- Leave your comfort zone.
Tim Soulo, Nathan Barry, Preston Lee, Adam Enfroy, Darren Murph, Jon Morrow, Adda Birnir,
Thought you’d like this item from Ryan Robinson’s site, I came across 40 Blogging Tips and Advice From Top Bloggers in 2020.
The four main categories are in the above word cloud.
A few paraphrased nuggets from the first section, Launching Your Blog.
- Set realistic expectations. — Ryan Robinson
- Embrace a mindset of experimentation. — Ryan Robinson
- Prepare to sacrifice plenty of time. — Michelle Schroeder
- Your blog is a product that should stand out from others. — Brian Dean
- Blog time should be morning time. — Pat Flynn
- Dive in feet-first and conviction-first. Then sharpen your voice. — Gaby Dalkin
- Early on, learn from the people you know and follow. — Chris Guillebeau
- Answer the question: “What value do you bring?” — Rob Palmer
- You have to start somewhere and sometime…like now! Improvement will come with time. — Shane Barker; Jeff Haden; John Rampton
- Stick to your own convictions, despite conventional knowledge. [Including this list!] — Anna Vital
- Learn from other niches/segments and apply to your own. — Grace and Silas Moser
- Focus on what sets you and your content apart. — Selena Taylor
- Consider guest-posting. — Jeff Goins
- “What’s your competitive advantage?” — Chase Dimond
- Publish only your best content–think quality over quantity. — Kyle Byers
- Start with small, reasonable goals and build from there. — Steli Efti
As curators do, I was cruising online this morning.
I ran across Ryan Robinson’s site.
Yes, I follow side hustling…and yes, some probably obvious success stories slide right past me.
I guess this is one of them.
With an audience of 500,000, Ryan Robinson is all about creating popular, and thus, profitable blogs.
Go right to his This is my best content page for some instant resources.