Advice for Side Hustlers
Here’s a link to the first episode of Side Hustle School’s Failure Friday.
Quotes from Chris’s show notes:
“…Failure Friday…a collection of short stories all about mistakes, missteps, disasters, and of course, failure.”
“The stories will vary, but often it starts with an idea, what they thought would happen and what really happened—and of course, what they learned.”
- the link to Sheena Brady’s ultimate Tease Tea success story.)
- a plug for Chris’s first featured ‘failure’ ;-). (Tease Tea is now bringing in $10,000/month via Amazon.)
And now, time for book recommendations…or shameless commercialism…or both. Okay, there are definitely book recommendations…
These seven books are go-to sources of inspiration and valued experience. These are affiliate links which, if you use to preview and buy the product, won’t raise the product’s price and will earn me a commission. At that point, I’ll be that much closer to buying that unclaimed island in the Caribbean. Please don’t ask for the island’s coordinates. It is mine and you can’t have it. ;->
- Keep Going (Austin Kleon)
- Show Your Work (Austin Kleon)
- Side Hustle: Idea to Income in 27 Days (Chris Guillebeau)
- Atomic Habits (James Clear)
- Poke the Box (Seth Godin)
- The War of Art (Steven Pressfield)
- Turning Pro (Steven Pressfield)
These books cut across so many lines of productivity and accomplishment. Whether you use these links or go elsewhere, get your hands on these.
A quick post for the weekend of January 16-17:
From the page:
- Is my side hustle idea a good one?
- When do I make the jump from freelance to full-time?
- How do I get my service in front of the best possible audience?
You may well get some published/podcasted feedback AND your gig’s exposure to a very wide audience.
Okay, maybe not bliss, but still…100 seconds.
Have a great weekend!
Chris Guillebeau has produced well over 1300 podcasts.
How to curate all that info?
I went to the show notes repository at https://sidehustleschool.com/podcasts/
clicked the ‘tag’ button, and selected a search term.
The GIF above condenses the steps.
Important: Click more than one tag to narrow (or widen) your search.
Here is the link for today’s interactive conversation between Chris Guillebeau and side hustlers/participants.
A few items from the discussion:
- Keep a beginner’s journal.
- Don’t expect yourself to be an expert: Aim to be a step or two ahead of your target customer.
- The weekly challenge issued to participants: “Put a brick in your mailbox.” That is, if you’re struggling to finish your creative projects, get control of the time you spend on your email and social media
Every Tuesday morning at noon, ET.